Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Addicted to Beading

I told myself a LONG time ago that no matter what, I would NEVER become addicted to beading. I thought it was really strange that there were actually people who liked to sit there and bead.....for HOURS.....and they had massive collections of beads and findings and all the things that go along with the hobby of beading.

Nope....it wouldn't be me.....not a chance. I'm not going to be sucked in by a bead or two.

Then it happened. I was in the craft store one day looking for ribbons and charms for my bookmarks and was caught off guard by some silver doughnut beads. I pictured something crystaline suspended in the center of those beads and thought it might look nice. I refused to buy beading wire and crimp tubes, because they require tools. Nope, I went for clear elastic cord and found some clear pink glass cubes to be suspended. I bought my stash and took it home. The rest is history.

I still create the same basic bracelet I started with, just with different beads in the center. It's always been a big hit with those who come across the bracelets. As far as my bead stash, I have two HUGE bead organizers; each with 5 boxes FULL of beads.....and the collection keeps growing.

Ebay and Etsy have been my best friends for supplies. Oh what I wouldn't be able to do without them!!!! And to think that I never pictured myself a beadaholic. Crazy.

Until next time......

Thanks for reading!!!

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment