Sunday, January 15, 2012

Prices Changes & New Necklace Designs Unveiled!!

I have this wonderful opportunity to sell my products through a big name salon on Friday, January 20th.  The salon is Warren Tricomi.  I had never heard of them before, but after I told my friend, Ashley where the trunk show was being held, she gasped at the stroke of luck I had been dealt.  Here's the deal.....I get to sell my products at their salon for the day, but they get 50% of my sales.  That means if I stand a chance of turning a profit, I have to increase my prices.

Up until this week, I didn't see my products as terribly inexpensive.....in fact I've had a hard time justifying charging as much as I do.  Fact is, my prices are wholesale as they are.  They only factor in cost of materials and the time I spend in creation.  To be retail, I need to double that price.   This way I can offer wholesale pricing to future vendors and not feel like I'm losing money.

And honestly, my products are well made and I'm always thinking of ways to tweak the designs so it's better for future buyers.  I never understood how Chan Luu bracelets could cost $300 or more, but now I get it.  Her wholesale price is probably not much different from mine.

So, as of January 20th, my prices in my Etsy shop will reflect a retail mark up.  If you have had your eye on something, buy it between now and then.


Now for the New Necklaces.....drum roll please....da,da,da,da,da,da,da,da

Loving these:  Versatile and stylish.  You can't go wrong!!!


Convertible necklaces that can be worn short or long.  Attach the toggle for short, detach for long.



Now for the other style:  Gorgeous, simple.


These are so pretty and so simple.  Just tie them around your neck and go.  The clusters of gemstones will prevent the necklace from coming untied.
Here's another style that is also a gemstone chain, but without clusters.  It's longer, so it can go around your neck several times, but you decide the look you want.



I still need to list on Etsy, but the shorter necklaces will be priced at around $100 and the long chains will be around $200.

Thanks for reading.

Until next time.....

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment